Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Fat, chewy and incredibly irresistible! I dare you to eat just one.
If you’ve followed me for any length of time on Instagram, you know I am a huge fan of oatmeal. Chewy plump oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a cookie that you absolutely want in your cookie rotation! They are unashamedly thick and fat and bursting with oats and peanut butter.
Disclosure | This post contains affiliate links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase.
My friend, Betty, gave these cookies the ultimate compliment. She baked up a test batch for me. The next time I saw her she told me they were so good that she “hid them all in the back of her freezer so she wouldn’t have to share them with anyone”. A girl after my own heart! ❤️
MAKING YOUR OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This recipe comes together quickly and only takes a short 45 minutes to an hour of chill time. These oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies bake up so thick and chewy and are sure to satisfy all the cookie monsters in your life.
I use a #30 cookie scoop to get about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. These cookies are definitely large so you’ll want to give plenty of room between them on the baking sheet.
They will likely be a little puffy when you pull them out of the oven. I lightly press on the tops (with the palm of my hand) once removed from the oven to give them a less domed appearance.
These chewy and plump oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are so irresistible. I dare you to eat just one!
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Buttery PB Cookies
- Banana Oat Bran Muffins
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Oat Muffins
Chewy and Plump Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed (I prefer dark brown, but light brown works too)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium size bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars on medium high with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a hand mixer, until combined. Add peanut butter and continue until light and fluffy. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape down your bowl and add vanilla and the egg. Mix until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and blend until just combined.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Chill 45 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a cookie scoop (approximately 2 tablespoons of dough), place cookie dough on prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. They will be a little puffy, I lightly press down on the tops once removed from the oven to give them a less domed appearance.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @twosugarbugs on Instagram and hashtag it #twosugarbugs
Replica Surfaces Partner ~ Receive 15% off your purchase of any Replica Surfaces photo board for your photography needs.