My favorite vanilla cupcake recipe, made with melted butter and mixed with a whisk. A simply vanilla cupcake easy enough for everyday.
It’s no secret that I like cake.
I could happily eat cake everyday.
The problem is, I don’t need to eat cake everyday. So what’s a girl to do?
Disclosure | This post contains affiliate links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Simply Vanilla Cupcakes are quick and easy to prepare and will ease any cake cravings. The vanilla cupcake is fluffy and soft with just the right hint of vanilla. You will love them because they are simple to make and easy to eat! Top them with my favorite American buttercream or give them a little extra pizazz with my white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.
You will want to start by melting your butter and then set it aside to cool. Next you will combine your all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give them a good whisk together and set aside.
In a larger bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and sour cream. Give it a good whisk to make sure everything is well combined. Then add in your cooled and melted butter and again mix well. Next you will add in your flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Over mixing will over develop the gluten and make your cupcakes dense instead of fluffy and soft.
Please tell me I am not the only one who often chooses a too small bowl for mixing 😂. Don’t do what I did, pick the larger bowl for your wet ingredients!
Your batter will be nice and thick, be careful not to over mix it.
Fill your cupcake liners (these are my absolute favorite!) about 2/3 full.
Then bake at 350°F for approximately 16-20 minutes. Please remember your oven is different than mine so you will want to check them on the early side and to see how they are doing. It may take more or less time in your oven. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely and then frost as desired.
However you frost them, you are going to love this Simply Vanilla Cupcake recipe. It’s quick, easy and bakes up flavorful and fluffy. Happy baking! 💗
Simply Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk I use 1%
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Melt your unsalted butter and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and sour cream until well combined. Add the cooled melted butter and whisk again until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. You want to be careful not to over mix the batter. The batter will be quite thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cupcake liners. They should be about 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @twosugarbugs on Instagram and hashtag it #twosugarbugs