This white chocolate pecan pie has a sweet and gooey center with chunky pecans and chunks of white chocolate.
Pecan Pie is a quintessential holiday dessert. This white chocolate pecan pie is simple to prepare and sure to impress. It steps up your pie game (and will wow all your family and friends) as it has a sweet and gooey center with chunky pecans and chunks of white chocolate and a perfectly flaky all butter pie crust.
I love white chocolate, more than any other type of chocolate. I know many will argue that white chocolate is not chocolate at all, but that does not matter here. The white chocolate pairs so well with pecans and makes for one amazingly delicious pie.
To start, you will chop your white chocolate before adding it to your pie. I like to use a high quality white chocolate; such as Belcolade or Callebaut, but Ghirardelli, Lindt or Baker’s will certainly do. I recently discovered that Target has Premium White Chocolate Baking Squares by their Market Pantry brand and I’ve been pleased with this alternative too.
Then you’ll give your pecans a rough chop and you are ready to put your pie together. Everything can be mixed in one bowl; yay for less dishes to wash! Use either a whisk or your hand mixer to combine all the ingredients ~ I just use my whisk.
I pair this white chocolate pecan pie with my flaky perfect all butter pie crust. Once the pie has baked and cooled completely, you will melt some white chocolate and drizzle it over the top of your pie. Then be prepared to have everyone fighting for the last piece!
If you really want to kick it up another notch ~ pair this white chocolate pecan pie with my homemade cinnamon ice cream. They are a match made in heaven.
White Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 perfect all butter pie crust** or prepared 9" pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups pecans roughly chopped
- 6 ounces quality white chocolate chopped and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Divide your white chocolate; you need 4 ounces for the pie and 2 ounces for drizzling over the baked and cooled pie. Roughly chop your chocolate and set aside.
- Roughly chop your 2 cups of pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs and brown sugar until combined.
- Add vanilla, corn syrup and a pinch of salt and continue whisking until well combined.
- Fold in pecans and 4 ounces of the chopped white chocolate. Then pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until crust is lightly browned. You may want to shield the crust partway through the baking process if it is getting too brown, I typically check it at 20-30 minutes.
- The center will still have some jiggle to it when it is done. Allow the pie to cool completely.
- Melt remaining 2 ounces of white chocolate and drizzle over the cooled pie.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @twosugarbugs on Instagram and hashtag it #twosugarbugs